Using watercolor, learn the strategies Morisot, Turner, Monet, and Cézanne employed to harness light in their images. By looking deep into their work, participants investigate how these masters’ use of color manipulates our experience of light in their images. In-class exercises focus on making studies of masterworks to create similar luminous effects. A beginning watercolor class or equivalent experience is strongly recommended but not required.
Special Program Information
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.
*Enrolled participants in the World Art History Certificate Program receive 1/2 elective credit. Not yet enrolled? Learn about the program, its benefits, and how to register here.