PLEASE NOTE: This program has rescheduled dates (originally January 25 and February 22, 2021). Due to supply logistics, this program's registration will close at 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 16, 2021.
Download the supply list for this class
Create a colorful fused and slumped glass plate just in time for holiday table settings, gift giving, or everyday use! Create a unique design using a clear glass base and colorful stringers – fine glass rods that can be manipulated without additional cutting tools. Instructor Sarinda Jones, a kiln-formed glass artist and alumna of the internationally renowned Pilchuck Glass School, presents a short history of art glass and guides students through the creation of their own plate. Afterward, there is a discussion of post-kiln results.
A kit ($94) is available for purchase from the instructor, which includes glass and other supplies, firing, step-by-step instructions, and all shipping fees. Beginners are welcome, and a playful spirit is encouraged.
- The instructor is Sarinda Jones.
- 2 sessions
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.