STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
Creating illustrations for a children’s manuscript is loads of fun once you get to know the basics. Join author and illustrator Lori VanKirk Schue as she leads you through the foundations of interpreting a story through pictures.
Learn how to start; appropriately fit illustrations to the storyline; choose mediums that are most successful; transform reality into whimsy; and how to listen and learn from an author to gain insight into their vision for the story and its characters.
Students take a look at different types of illustration and develop their own unique characters and designs. Information on working with publishers and legally protecting your art is also discussed.
Prior drawing experience is helpful but not required.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Lori VanKirk Schue.
- 2 sessions, 2.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.