NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, December 10, 2021.
Whether you know how to knit a scarf but not much more, used to knit but now feel rusty, or are confident in your beginning knitting skills but want to make sure you’re ready for an intermediate class or project, this workshop is for you.
The instructor reviews introductory skills and helps participants polish them. She looks at several ways to accomplish basic techniques including casting on; knitting and purling; binding off; increasing and decreasing; and basic finishing skills. Various knitting equipment is also examined and students practice taking gauge. This workshop may proceed at a pace that would be uncomfortable for absolute beginners but is perfect for people who have a little knowledge and want to build on it.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Ann Richards.
- 2 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.