8-Session Evening Course on Zoom
Wednesday, April 14 to June 2, 2021 – 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET
Whimsical or serious, personal or universal, collage is a highly versatile and accessible art technique that results in the playful combination of various and sometimes-unlikely materials.
Learn to upcycle book pages as surfaces for drawing, painting, and collage. Students experiment with materials and techniques to create their own story using gelatin plate prints, textures, photo transfers, drawing, painting, and text redaction.
In this virtual class, students work from still life in their home studios, photos, or images provided by the instructor with an emphasis on objects of nature, integrating the drawings into mixed-media artwork.
- The instructor is Marcie Wolf-Hubbard.
- 8 sessions, 2.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.