Whimsical or serious, personal or universal, collage is a highly versatile and accessible art technique that results in the playful combination of various and sometimes-unlikely materials.
Learn to upcycle book pages as surfaces for drawing, painting, and collage. Students experiment with materials and techniques to create their own story using gelatin plate prints, textures, photo transfers, drawing, painting, and text redaction.
In this virtual class, students work from still life in their home studios, photos, or images provided by the instructor with an emphasis on objects of nature, integrating the drawings into mixed-media artwork.
Special Program Information
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.