Don’t miss out on future programs like this.
As a Smithsonian Associates member
, you will receive ticket-buying priority.
Vision, Craft, Expression: A Photographic Seminar
4-Session Evening Course on Zoom
Wednesday, May 5 to 26, 2021 - 7:00 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. ET
Move beyond the technical “how to’s” of photography and shift your focus to cultivating and strengthening your artistic vision.
In a small group discussions and critiques, explore ways how to pinpoint the idea, concept, and feeling you want to communicate with your work; how composition, viewpoint and use of light reinforce (or distract from) what you are trying to express; and if viewers’ reactions to the work realize the image’s expressive potential.
Each week, students upload 2 to 3 images to a drop box for the class critiques. To help with the online interaction, class size is limited to 8 participants.
Note: This streamed program will not be recorded.
- The instructor is Eliot Cohen.
- 4 sessions, 2.25 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.