NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, August 27, 2021.
In their native environments, most common orchids grow above the soil attached to trees or rocks. Discover the unique attributes of orchids that allow them to grow this way. The afternoon will conclude with a step-by-step guide to free your orchid from the confines of its pot and mount it on a piece of bark.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Barb Schmidt.
- 1 session, 2 hours
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.