The Joy of Photography
Tuesday, July 6, 2021 - 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. ET
Designed for beginners who want to learn how to use their digital or mirrorless camera as a creative tool, students will gain skill in technical aspects of photography so that they can concentrate on composing beautiful images. Topics include aperture, shutter speed, ISO, the exposure triangle, focal length, metering, white balance, composition and more.
Assignments will be given each week to be critiqued by the instructor in class the following session. Join us in this fun class that teaches you how to take great photos using manual mode.
NOTE: Students must have a digital or mirrorless camera.
- The instructor is Marty Kaplan.
- 4 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.