Save up to 9% on the price of your tickets!
It's easy... Become a member today! If you are already a member, log in to get your member rate.
Introduction to Beading
3-Session Evening Course
Monday, September 21 to Wednesday, September 23, 2020 – 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. ET
By Mïa Vollkommer
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Learn to create your own hand-crafted jewelry. Cover the basics of bead stringing, wire-working, and pearl knotting, along with the names and uses for common hand tools, wire, stringing materials, and findings. During the class, students make up to two necklaces, two to three pairs of earrings, and one single-strand necklace or bracelet using the pearl-knotting technique. Intermediate techniques are also discussed. This workshop is perfect for the student new to jewelry making, or those with experience who want to refresh their skills.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Mïa Vollkommer.
- 3 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.