For centuries, religious and secular Islamic manuscripts have contained beautiful geometric decorations. Explore the history and construction of these traditional designs with Sughra Hussainy, a graduate of Turquoise Mountain Institute in Kabul, Afghanistan. Create designs with graph paper and a compass. Then, learn to use tracing paper to transfer the result to fine art paper; color the designs with opaque watercolors and gold; and outline them in black ink. This class is designed for beginners; no previous art experience is required.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Sughra Hussainy.
- This program includes 6 sessions, 3 hours each.
- NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, April 14, 2023.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.