For centuries, religious and secular Islamic manuscripts have contained beautiful geometric decorations. Explore the history and construction of these traditional designs. Create your designs with graph paper and a compass. Then use tracing paper to transfer the result to fine art paper, color the designs with opaque watercolors and gold, and outline them in black ink. This class is designed for beginners; no previous art experience is required.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Sughra Hussainy.
- This program includes 6 sessions, 3 hours each.
- Class will not be held on November 26.
- NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, October 27, 2023.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.