Master basic hand-stitching techniques and begin creating your own quilt designs. Learn to make templates for a pieced design, piece 3-way and 4-way intersections and curves, assemble a quilt top with borders and sashing, finish edges, and more. Appliqué, embroidery, choosing color, and design strategies may also be explored. The instructor provides inspiration from her own body of work, as well as insights into the history of quilting and innovations that may impact the craft’s future. This course is designed for all levels.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Lauren Kingsland.
- This program includes 5 sessions, 2 hours each.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.