Top: Carol Lynn Maillard; Bottom: Roberta Gasbarre (Photo: Amanda Corbett)
Registration Note: This members-only free program requires registration.
Discover Fridays at Noon
Mark Fridays at Noon on your calendar to savor the liveliest and most interesting conversation you’ll hear all week. Designed exclusively for Smithsonian Associates members, this monthly video podcast series invites you to go behind the scenes and into the working lives of some of the most intriguing people from all across the Smithsonian and Washington’s worlds of culture, science, and education.
This Month's Featured Guest
To celebrate Women’s History Month, Roberta leads a sure-to-be memorable conversation with actress, singer, and composer Carol Lynn Maillard, a founding member of the legendary a cappella ensemble Sweet Honey in the Rock. Maillard began performing with the group in 1974, and soon started composing, leading, and recording with them. Members have come and gone, but she’s still active with Sweet Honey in the Rock 48 years later.
During her long career as an actor, Maillard appeared on and off-Broadway in a wide range of notable productions. And all the while, she’s remained a committed activist for justice and equality. Don’t miss hearing her recount how music, the stage, and spirituality shaped her amazing life.
Meet the Host
Led by Roberta Gasbarre, a multifaceted veteran arts educator and creator (and conversationalist extraordinaire), each informal 30-minute chat offers the perfect break to brighten your Friday and send you into the weekend with new insights from an array of engaging and thought-provoking guests.
“I love talking to people who are passionate about what they do, no matter the disciplines in which they work. It’s exciting to learn what makes them tick, where they find inspiration, and—especially now—how they remain innovative and imaginative when there’s a challenge to face. I always come away with something new and fascinating to spark my own thinking.” —Roberta Gasbarre
Additional Fridays at Noon Programs
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.