Understanding how to fully utilize your camera’s flash is key for photographers wishing to take their photographic skill to the next level. This class, designed for digital photographers familiar with aperture, shutter speed, ISO and metering in manual mode, offers to do just that.
Students will learn how to take their battery-operated flash off the camera to create a three-dimensional look to your photographs of people, objects and water droplets. The “Basic Off-Camera Flash Kit” or equivalent equipment will be discussed at the first class. Join us for this creative adventure into flash photography.
Students must have a camera equipped with a hot shoe and a sturdy tripod to fully benefit from this class.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Marty Kaplan.
- 4 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.