Please Note: This program has date, timing, and pricing updates since originally published for sale.
Feel free to draw on your personal style in this botanical sketching workshop. Capture geometric and organic shapes as you interpret various plant forms. Class discussions include the use of contour, color, texture, and contrast in your composition, as well as how to work with toned paper. This class is for sketchers of all levels who would like to try a new way of recording winter botanicals.
- The instructor is Lori VanKirk Schue.
- Update: One 4-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.