NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, March 4, 2022.
Greet spring with flowers you create in this intensive 3-session course. Begin building your skills with the basic construction of the multi-hued tulip. Then, apply those new skills constructing a daisy’s complex stamen and brawny leaves. In the final session, construct an iris using wire to create dramatically shaped petals. Each session focuses on a different weight and type of crepe paper, including Italian, German, and Chinese. Beginners and seasoned crepe paper crafters are welcome.
Supplies are provided in a kit that will be mailed to the address on file at least one week prior to the beginning of class (a supply fee of $45 is included in the course price). If you need your supplies mailed to a different address, please email us at Associates-StudioArts@si.edu. Please order at least one week prior to the class date to allow ample time for delivery.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Karen Cadogan.
- 3 sessions, 2.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.