Learn to fashion three different flowers in this 3-session workshop. Construct petals and leaves with and without wire, and with different stamens for each flower. Starting with the cosmos, the instructor explains basic construction as students stretch and build each bloom using various shades of crepe paper. In session 2, students create a classic peony in delicate petals in full bloom. In the final session, students build an iris using wire to dramatically shape the petals. Students get a feel for the materials by building flowers out of heavy and extra fine crepe paper, from leading crepe paper producers in Italy and Germany.
Beginners and seasoned crepe-paper enthusiasts are welcome.
All supplies are provided in a kit that will be mailed to the address on file at least one week prior to the beginning of class (a supply fee of $45 is included in the course price). If you need your supplies mailed to a different address, please email us at Associates-StudioArts@si.edu. Please order at least one week prior to the class date to allow ample time for delivery.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Karen Cadogan.
- This program includes 3 sessions, 2.5 hours each.
- NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, January 27, 2023.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.