Special Note: Registration will close on Thursday, September 29 at 12:00 p.m. ET (2 weeks prior to the course's first session) in order to ensure timely delivery of the supplies and curriculum required for this program.
If you’ve completed the “Introduction to Bobbin Lace” class and want to move up to the next level, this class is for you. In the intermediate-level class, explore many new techniques and build new skills as you create four small projects.
If you have not completed the pre-requisite introductory class, but have other bobbin lace experience, contact the instructor .
Students are required to purchase class patterns and instructions from The Lace Museum ($18; covers shipping to anywhere in the U.S), which also includes two crochet hooks and a few beads for one of the projects. See the supply list for ordering information, other required materials, and the instructor’s contact information.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Karen Thompson.
- 4 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.