Download the supply list for this class
Develop your technical skills in painting landscapes that vividly capture the atmosphere of a scene. Learn to control the watercolor medium while exploring spontaneity, as well to create flowing, vibrant color mixtures to balance simple and complex areas in the composition.
The class focuses on rendering the elements of skies, trees, clouds, mountains and water. It also introduces techniques to build complex foliage with negative painting and to create layers of depth, texture, and light in backgrounds.
- The instructor is Lubna Zahid.
- 4 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- This course is also offered on March 3 - 24, 2021, 2 p.m.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.