This class presents the most basic sewing skills needed for hand quilting as well as practice in design and color choices. Historical and modern examples provide context and inspiration. Basic hand stitching techniques are mastered through sample exercises, preparing participants to design and create their own quilts during the course. The goal is familiarity with the medium that will allow the student to move ahead on their own.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Lauren Kingsland.
- This program includes 5 sessions, 2 hours each.
- Class will not be held on February 19.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.