NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, February 24, 2023.
Create two finished accordion books that can be used as blank canvasses for drawings, mixed media work, collage, or as a model for a more complex, printed-book edition. They are ideal for displaying artworks, whether they’re held like a book, or placed on a table or shelf to display all the pages at once. Students focus on finishing two different forms: a traditional accordion book with a hinged cover and a simple folded version. Other structures may be explored as time allows. The workshop focuses on the construction of the books, so all materials should be cut to size before class.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Katie Platte.
- One 2-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.