Smithsonian Associates is looking for friendly volunteers to assist our
instructors and students at a wide array of over 90 remote and in-person
art courses each quarter.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
In-person Studio Art Representatives
- Welcome arriving participants
- Copy and distribute the instructors handouts
- Tidying up the classroom after each session
- Promoting Smithsonian Associates memberships
- Assisting the instructors and students as needed
Remote Studio Arts representatives
- Take attendance and manage the waiting room
- Post pre-written announcements in the chat area
- Monitor chat area for any questions
- Provide assistance to students on behalf of Smithsonian Associates
- Tech requirements include, PC, Mac, or laptop with strong internet connection
The time commitment is once a week for up to 8 weeks at a time. Classes are available weekdays,
weeknights and weekends, according to your schedule availability. Expertise in art is not
required. It's a perfect opportunity to learn by observing the classes and dabbling off to the side.
Our volunteers enjoy being part of an artistic community and learning from our professional artist instructors.
This position is available year-round.
How to Apply
We are now accepting applications for the summer semester offerings. The next round of
interviews will take place in April with new volunteer training in May.
Submit your application for this position via Vsys, our online volunteer portal.