Remote Volunteers, Zoom Team Support
Remote Volunteers for Live-Streaming Programs assist staff with the Zoom Webinars and Meetings which present entertaining, informative, eclectic, and insightful content for Associates members and the public.
The role is behind the scenes, posting pre-written announcements in the chat area, monitoring the Q&A feature, and sorting the list of questions for the Moderator (a Programming Staff member) to then ask the Presenter/Panelists. When possible, these volunteers will also post relevant links (provided) for the topic being discussed. They also deploy the introductory slides according to established cues. Remote volunteers are prepared to step up and troubleshoot any unexpected issues.
- An up to date computer (PC, Mac, or laptop) with an Ethernet cable or strong WiFi;
- Texting Capabilities on a mobile phone, for communicating to staff during the program;
- Completion of training sessions, culminating with monitoring a mock webinar, with fellow volunteers as attendees;
- Completion of a shadow shift for an actual live streamed program;
- Availability to volunteer on a regular basis – ideally weekly to start, or semi-monthly;
- Ability to use Vsys (volunteer website) to make program requests and look up assignments, training provided;
- Joining the private, closed Facebook Group for remote volunteers. This is the communications hub with the Volunteer Coordinator and volunteer peers;
- A Zoom account;