Preserve precious memories for future generations and express current feelings and emotions through memory quilts.
Create your own memory block through writing prompts, mindfulness practices, and design and color principles for fiber artists. Learn techniques such as hand piecing, machine and hand appliqué, managing repurposed fabrics, freestyle embroidery, and creating text using needle and thread.
This class is made possible by a generous grant from E.A. Michelson Philanthropies.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructors are Lauren Kingsland and Heather Kerley.
- 8 sessions, 2 hours each (no class November 23)
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.