NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, December 9, 2022.
Learn to create multiple prints from your favorite white line woodcut block. This class provides instruction in how to use advanced techniques such as creating shading in the Japanese bokashi style, printing with mica, blending paint on the block, and preconditioning the block to create smooth paint washes. Come to class with a pre-carved woodblock.
If you don’t have one, learn how to cut one in our Introduction to White-Line Woodblock Printing class.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Sue Fierston.
- One 3-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.