Where’s My Muse? Flexing Your Creative Muscle
3-Session Evening Course
Wednesday, October 14 to 28, 2020 – 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
This class plumbs the depths of creative inspiration, focusing on harnessing ideas and starting points for making art. It incorporates discussion, visual aids, and exercises to engage the senses in the act of design. Writing, drawing, painting, collage and other techniques will be used to create pieces of art to express individual creative ideas. Finished pieces may take different forms, including collages on mat board, mixed media on paper or small books. All levels are welcome.
Students supply a pencil, fine-point Sharpie, or similar pen in addition to items of personal inspiration or significance. They can include photographs; copies of any text or printed or written material (such as poetry, pages from a book, letters, maps or travel memorabilia, sheet music, etc.); images of favorite artwork; old jewelry, souvenirs, or family memorabilia; or personal artwork (including rejects).
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Sharon Robinson.
- 3 sessions, 2.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.