Take your paintings to the next level with simple secrets that every watercolor artist should know. Learn various approaches to creating washes and contrasting textured areas using drybrush, splattering, lifting, and more. These techniques are particularly useful when painting landscapes, tree trunks, rocks, grasses, old barns, etc. This class is designed for advanced beginner and intermediate watercolor students. Previous watercolor experience is suggested for an optimal experience.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Lubna Zahid.
- 8 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.