The sky’s ever-changing moods have long challenged painters in watercolor. Discover techniques to capture the sky, whether filled with wispy cirrus clouds or dramatic cumulus clouds. Learn to mingle colors and take advantage of wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry techniques to create colorful, captivating skies. Learn how to infuse clouds with subtle colors using natural organic shapes and experiment with lost-and-found edges. Each painting features a dominant sky and minimal landscapes to give perspective.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Cindy Briggs.
- 2 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.