Learn to paint a watercolor portrait with a 3/4 view while discovering how to mix skin tones, and use layered values and blending to capture the forms and curves of the face. The importance of the eyes in the portrait is a main focus, as well as the techniques to make them sparkle with life. Start by working from instructor-provided images. Then, after learning what makes a good reference photo, you progress to painting portraits reflecting your own vision. Recommended for experienced beginners to advanced artists.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Cindy Briggs.
- 4 sessions, 2.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.