This program is sold out.
Evening Studio Arts Workshop
Tuesday, November 16, 2021 - 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. ET
$85 - Member
$95 - Non-Member
Use flowing watercolors to create a poinsettia that blooms all year. Learn how to quickly draw a poinsettia or trace one using the flower images provided for the class. Painting techniques include mixing, blending, and mingling colors; layering; creating hard and soft edges; and using positive and negative shapes to suggest depth. Finish off the painting with a stencil designed to lift out a pattern from the background. Give your watercolor poinsettia as a gift, or use the image to make prints for cards.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Cindy Briggs.
- One 3-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.