Washington-State Wines From Women Makers: A Top Sommelier's Guide
Evening Program on Zoom
Friday, March 5, 2021 - 6:00 p.m. ET
(Photo: Washington State Wine Commission)
REGISTRATION ADVISORY: Please read through the complete program description before registering. This program includes a wine tasting kit as part of its ticket price that must be picked up from a local Washington, DC wine bar.
Washington state is without a doubt a (not so) hidden gem in the American wine scene. Known for having the perfect balance of Old World earthiness and New World fruit ripeness, Washington state wines are world-class additions to any wine cellar. Some of Washington’s most powerful and amazing wines are being brought to life by equally powerful and amazing women. In this guided tasting led by Erik Segelbaum, explore some of Washington's best wines produced by women winemakers, grape-growers, or viticulturists.
WINE TASTING KIT INFORMATION
- The cost includes a curated personal tasting kit with enough wine for one person to sample the full lineup of wines.
- Additional participants must register individually to receive their own tasting kit, which is an essential component of the workshop.
- UPDATE: Kits are available for pick-up on Thursday, March 4, 12–4 p.m., and Friday, March 5, 12–4 p.m., at The Eastern wine bar in the Capital Hill neighborhood (360 7th St SE; Metro: Eastern Market along the Orange, Silver, and Blue Lines).
- Pick-ups are contactless, with all appropriate health, safety, and social distancing precautions. Due to state and federal laws, wine kits may not be shipped.
- NOTE: Patrons will receive additional wine tasting kit pick-up information by email prior to the program.
ABOUT ERIK SEGELBAUM
Erik Segelbaum is a Wine Enthusiast 40 Under 40 Tastemaker for 2020 and Food & Wine magazine’s 2019 Sommelier of the Year. He holds the designation of Advanced Sommelier through the Court of Master Sommeliers, one of fewer than 600 specialists in the world who hold this level of certification. Segelbaum is the former corporate wine and beverage director for Starr Restaurants, a wine journalist and educator, and chief vinnovation officer of SOMLYAY hospitality and private events consultancy.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Sales will cut off for this program by Friday, March 5 at 9:00 a.m. ET.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.