NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, October 14, 2022.
Strengthen your creative muscles in 3 intensive sessions focused on artistic experimentation. Create a journal using prompts and focused practice between monthly meetings. Activities include engaging in mark-making and mapping exercises; using a variety of artistic media and techniques; exploring modes of visual thinking and working from memory; observation, imagination, narrative, and experimental approaches; and viewing drawings by artists and classmates for inspiration from their diverse visual forms, themes, and contexts.
No previous artistic experience necessary. All levels welcome.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Renee Sandell.
- 3 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.