If you want your jewelry-making practice to have a reduced impact on the environment, this class is for you. Learn to convert scraps destined for the trash (or recycle) bin into unique pieces of wearable art. Work with metal, fabric, and paper as you add metalsmithing, hand-sewing, and small sculpture techniques to your jeweler’s toolbox.
Projects include two pairs of aluminum earrings, a patchwork fabric and beaded necklace, and two 3-dimensional paper brooches. It’s helpful to have some previous experience working with wire to make open and closed loops, but all skill levels are welcome.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Mïa Vollkommer.
- This program includes 3 sessions, 3 hours each.
- NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, March 1, 2024.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.