NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, December 3, 2021.
Virtually escape to Tuscany for a day of painting colorful poppies. Begin by drawing a poppy with flowing organic lines, then paint it with mingling colors. To complete the scene, learn to paint old stone walls and trees dappled with light. Create drama with light and shadow, and develop a field of poppies drawing freehand or using an instructor-provided tracing. Some previous watercolor experience is useful.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Cindy Briggs.
- One 5.5-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.