What do you get when you cross an accordion with a shadow box? A tunnel book of course! Tunnel books are a mixture of storytelling and three-dimensional art. Pages and papercut elements appear to recede as they are viewed through an opening on the cover. Students work on one page each session to create a small tunnel book that tells its story through six layers. Techniques covered include paper cutting, collage, digital transfers, and assemblage. All levels of bookmaking experience are welcome.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Trisha Gupta.
- 6 sessions, 1.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.