Don’t miss out on future programs like this.
As a Smithsonian Associates member
, you will receive ticket-buying priority.
Today’s Quilts by Hand
4-Session Weekend Course
Saturday, January 23 to February 13, 2021 – 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ET
REGISTRATION ADVISORY: This program will stop registration sales on Friday, January 22, 2021 at 3 p.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
Hand stitching is a great way to reduce stress, and the portability of handwork projects makes them ideal take-alongs to fit into your day. Learn the basics of hand-stitched quilt-making by creating an 18-by-24 inch piece as a doll quilt or a wall hanging.
Learn the same piecing, applique, quilting, and finishing techniques used in larger quilts as you work on your small-scale project during this multi-session class. No sewing machine is needed; all work can be done by hand.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Lauren Kingsland.
- 4 sessions, 1.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.