STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
Spend a fascinating autumn morning with naturalist and author Melanie Choukas-Bradley as she leads a virtual excursion to Theodore Roosevelt Island. She traces the inspiring beauty and biological diversity of this 88.5-acre oasis and memorial in the Potomac through the seasons as she discusses its woodlands and wildlife. She also covers the history and geology of this fascinating place and the conservation legacy of the naturalist president it honors.
Choukas-Bradley’s new book Finding Solace at Theodore Roosevelt Island (Changemakers Book) is available for sale.
Book Sale Information
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.