This program is over.
Hope you didn't miss it! Browse other programs we offer.
Techniques in Modernist Painting
8-Session Daytime Course
Tuesday, January 19 to March 9, 2021 – 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. ET
Still life in front of a window at Saint-Raphael, 1919, by Picasso
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
Students in this 8-session course are invited to experiment with a variety of modernist painting styles such as cubism, suprematism, and abstract expressionism. Through a series of exercises, including still-life setups and model sessions, participants learn practical applications of the concepts and techniques of modernism. The class includes lecture, demonstration, group discussion, and critiques.
Designed for painting students of all skill levels, the class moves students beyond the basics to focus on discovering and developing their own unique visual language.
Download the supply list for this class
World Art History Certificate elective: Earn 1/2 credit*
- The instructor is Shahin Talishkhan.
- 8 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
*Enrolled participants in the World Art History Certificate Program receive 1/2 elective credit. Not yet enrolled? Learn about the program, its benefits, and how to register here.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.