Save up to 14% on the price of your tickets!
It's easy... Become a member today! If you are already a member, log in to get your member rate.
6-Session Evening Course
Tuesday, October 13 to November 17, 2020 – 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET
$215 - Non-Member
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Begin by learning basic tapestry weaving techniques and design. Then, create a miniature woven tapestry on a small frame loom. Techniques covered include warping the loom; color mixing and hatching; and how to create horizontal stripes, vertical lines, irregular shapes, shading and contour. Different types of interlock, such as a dovetail join and weft interlock join, are covered in addition to the techniques involved in Soumak weaving.
No experience is necessary. More experienced students are welcome to join and work on their own design.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Tea Okropiridze.
- 6 sessions, 2.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.