NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, May 21, 2021.
Join an orchid care expert for a fun, informative afternoon about America’s favorite household plant.
Just in time for summer, discover the pros and cons of moving your orchids outside in the hotter months. Learn about the extra care orchids need while they are outside, and when they are ready to be brought back indoors. In a hands-on activity, learn how to re-pot an orchid at home.
Instructor Barbara Schmidt is a member of the American Orchid Society (AOS), Longwood Gardens, and the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, where she teaches orchid classes. Her orchids have won a variety of awards, including first-place ribbons at the Philadelphia International Flower Show. She is the author of the 2016 book Orchid Care: For the Beginner, and a free-lance writer for AOS’s Orchids magazine.
- The instructor is Barb Schmidt.
- One 2-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.