Take your textile practice to the next level. Explore 3D-fabric techniques including pleating, smocking, and origami. Then, learn how to subvert these traditional skills to create your own innovative and experimental samples. The instructor guides you as you fold and stitch your way to a deeper expression of your love of textiles. The class is designed for those with previous experience, including quilters, embroiderers, and garment makers and designers. Bring your favorite textile pieces or their images to the first class.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Kate Lewis.
- 3 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.