Don’t miss out on future programs like this.
As a Smithsonian Associates member
, you will receive ticket-buying priority.
Stream, Watch, Repeat: Modern Classics and the Films That Inspired Them
Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 6:45 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. ET
Noah Gittell, Washington City Paper film critic
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- The program is free, but online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
The more cinema you watch, the more you realize there are no new stories, just variations on influential themes and styles. Every great film owes its success to an older one, and in this session, Washington City Paper film critic Noah Gittell traces that lineage by comparing and contrasting modern classics with their cinematic antecedents. It’s a set of streaming recommendations and a film history lesson in one.
- Once registered, patrons will receive two emails: one is an automatic email confirmation and the second will include a link to the Zoom webinar as a follow-up (usually given within 24 hours of registration).
- NOTE: If you do not receive your follow-up email from Zoom, please email Customer Service for assistance.
GETTING STARTED WITH ZOOM
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.