By Ali Hansen and Carol Myers
NOTE: To ensure participants receive class materials before the first class, registration for this program will close on Friday, May 7, 2021 at 3 p.m. ET.
Within our house we hold our self-affirmation, creativity, and dreams. To help you explore these concepts, construct a house-shaped star book with internal pockets for holding thoughts and ideas (tags) designed and inspired by what "house" means to each of us.
Learn book construction and surface design from instructors from the Kalamazoo Book Arts Center. Books are constructed from Bazille cardstock, mat board, and ribbon. Surface design techniques include gel printing, collage, stamping, and drawing words.
A materials packet ($18 plus applicable taxes and shipping fees) is required and will be available for purchase at www.kalbookarts.org/shop. Please order your kit no later than one week prior to the first class to ensure timely delivery. Please see the supply list for ordering information and additional materials needed.
- The instructors are Ali Hansen and Carol Myers.
- 2 sessions, 2 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.