This program will be available for sale to the general public starting on November 7, 2021.
Want to purchase your tickets before then? Become a donor today, or if you are already a donor, log in to purchase your tickets.
Sketchbook Habit: The Art of Everyday Life
3-Session Weekend Studio Arts Course
Saturday, January 22, 2022 - 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 1:00 p.m. ET
Saturday, January 22, 2022 - 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET
$165 - Member
$185 - Non-Member
NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, January 21, 2022.
When inspiration moves you, create a personal and powerful record of experiences by drawing and painting moments from your life. Join artist and writer Sue Fierston for this class on the essentials of starting a sketchbook habit. Practice “close looking” exercises as you fill your sketchbook with meditative contour drawings, watercolor sketches of the natural world, and quick but evocative images from travels, past or present. Some previous watercolor or drawing experience is recommended.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Sue Fierston.
- 3 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.