The limitless creative possibilities of watercolor can be a bit intimidating for beginning students. In this series of classes, focus on the basics of watercolor with methods that narrow parameters, without sacrificing your creativity and the artistry of the medium. Learn what supplies make all the difference and how to manipulate your brush to create flowing lines, as well as how to mix, mingle, and control watercolor so you achieve the effects you want. In class, talk about how to make corrections and fine-tune your work. As you build your confidence in each session, create one or more paintings and explore how values create depth, shapes can be defined, and color adds character.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Cindy Briggs.
- This program includes 3 sessions, 3 hours each.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.