This class introduces students to the principles of relief sculpture, which is a bridge between two-dimensional and three-dimensional art forms. The types of relief sculpture range from a shallow to an almost full “in the round” expression. Students explore different styles and methods of relief, addressing perspective and depth as they build works from clay or plasticine up and out of a flat surface. Students are encouraged to have photo references for their desired composition.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is George Tkabladze.
- 6 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.