Though a rotting carcass might not sound like a bountiful buffet, to avian scavengers it’s the best meal they could hope for. Join Aaron Prince, an educator and raptor care specialist at Pennsylvania’s Hawk Mountain Sanctuary, as he offers a look into the lives of scavenger species including turkey vultures, black vultures, ravens, crows, hawks, and eagles, including their carnivorous eating habits and what the world would potentially look like without scavengers in it.
He also discusses Hawk Mountain’s history and work; migration ecology; and raptor adaptations, specifically the unique adaptations of the scavengers on the mountain.
Two of these birds make a live appearance during the program.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.