This program is over.
Hope you didn't miss it! Use the links in the left-hand column to find upcoming programs.
What's more American than baseball, apple pie, and...the cocktail? These tasty libations are as distinctive as their places of origin, from the barrooms of Bourbon Street to the Cock 'n' Bull Tavern on the Sunset Strip.
Philip Greene, a founding member of the Museum of the American Cocktail, and three other cocktail historians—each representing a distinct region of the U.S.—recount stories about the creation of iconic American cocktails.
Sample the Manhattan, Rickey, Sazerac, Hurricane, Deshler, Southside, Mai-Tai, and Moscow Mule cocktails while learning about the people and places that made them famous.
All drinks are included with admission. Beer and wine will not be available. Light refreshments will be served.
• Will-call tickets are available
• Ticket sales begin (limited number if event is not sold out)
• Doors Open
• Philip Greene and fellow cocktail historians mix drinks and recount the histories of the following classic cocktails:
- The Manhattan (New York, NY)
- The Rickey (Washington, DC)
- The Sazerac Cocktail (New Orleans, LA)
- Hurricane (New Orleans, LA)
- The Southside Cocktail (Chicago)
- The Deshler Cocktail (Columbus, OH)
- The Mai-Tai (Oakland, CA)
- Moscow Mule (Los Angeles, CA)
• Light stationary hors d'oeuvres
- Must be at least 21 with a valid photo ID to attend.
- All ticket sales are final.
- This is not a seated event.
- All bags will be searched by security.
- Personal items can be checked in designated coat rooms or lockers at your own discretion. The museum is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Ticket pricing at the door (if available): Resident Members $65; Gen. Admission $75
- In case of inclement weather, the event will be held in Flag Hall at the American History Museum from 8 to 10:30 p.m.
To view past and current Mingle at the Museum events, click here.
National Museum of American History
Constitution Ave & 14th St NW
Metro: Smithsonian Mall Exit (Blue/Orange)