STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
Pizza is central to so many cultural touch points: from movies, to books, to television and even sports — it permeates them all. In the United States alone, we consume three billion pizzas a year — that’s more than nine pizzas for every single person who lives here.
Thom and James Elliot—brothers, authors, and self-proclaimed “pizza pilgrims”—have spent years researching the best pizza that the world has to offer—and producing their own in 16 restaurants in the United Kingdom. Join them as they celebrate National Pizza Day on February 9.
In conversation with Scott Wiener, pizza expert and founder of Scott’s Pizza Tours, they examine the wildly popular food’s myriad forms and document its cultural significance. They also trace all things pizza, from its history and family tree to world-famous pizzerias, and even explore pizza variants we love to hate (hamburger crust pizza anyone?).
The Elliots’ book Pizza: Recipes, Stories, History, Places, People, Love (Hardie Grant/Quadrille) is available for purchase.
Book Sale Information
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.