Quilting for Beginners
4-Session Daytime Course
Wednesday, October 14 to November 4, 2020 – 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Hand stitching is a great way to reduce stress, and the portability of handwork projects makes them ideal take-alongs to fit into your day. Learn the basics of hand-stitched quilt-making by creating an 18-by-24 inch piece as a doll quilt or a wall hanging.
Learn the same piecing, applique, quilting, and finishing techniques used in larger quilts as you work on your small-scale project during this multi-session class. No sewing machine is needed; all work can be done by hand.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Lauren Kingsland.
- 4 sessions, 2 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.