This program is over.
Hope you didn't miss it! Browse other programs we offer.
Quilting for Beginners: A Small Handmade Quilt
4-Session Weekend Workshop
Saturday, July 11 to August 1, 2020 – 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Hand stitching is a great way to reduce stress, and the portability of handwork projects makes them ideal take-alongs to fit into your day. Learn the basics of hand-stitched quilt-making by creating an 18-by-24 inch piece as a doll quilt or a wall hanging.
Learn the same piecing, applique, quilting, and finishing techniques used in larger quilts as you work on your small-scale project during this multi-session class. No sewing machine is needed; all work can be done by hand.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Lauren Kingsland.
- 4 sessions, 2 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- Once registered, patrons will receive two emails: one is an automatic email confirmation and the second will include a link to the Zoom meeting as a follow-up (usually given within 24 hours of registration).
- NOTE: If you do not receive your follow-up email from Zoom, please email Customer Service for assistance.
GETTING STARTED WITH ZOOM
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.