This program is sold out.
Quick-Sketch Watercolors: Landscapes
2-Session Daytime Workshop on Zoom
Tuesday, June 15 and 22, 2021 - 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET
Quickly capture a scene using flowing lines and spontaneous watercolor techniques. Instructor Cindy Briggs provides step-by-step directions in creating landscape paintings and vignettes inspired from virtual travel from Europe to California. This “go with the flow” technique is perfect for studies, travel journals, and finished fine art.
Complete one or more paintings as you use techniques in composition, drawing, and painting. Lessons explore managing watercolor consistency while applying mingling colors with wet-in-wet, wet-on-dry, and layering techniques. For experienced beginner and intermediate students. The artist provides images from her travels or you can use your own.
- The instructor is Cindy Briggs.
- 2 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.